Skip to main content

For all overreacting feminists, Please stop blaming all MEN.

This is one of a post that I have recently given a read on the Internet shared by The Logical Indian page on Facebook. While it says only facts, there are two faces for any coin. I just comment with the boy’s side because it is purely written by girl (another face of coin).





Why? Why do you do that? Stare at my breasts like they are cute babies calling out to be cuddled. Strip me naked, slowly, every time I enter the bus? Try to glimpse into my cleavage when I am sitting and reading in the metro.

Let me tell you lady that whatever has been done to you might be unintentional. May be some idiots take the chance of groping you in metros but for that we cannot make the men go blindfolded every time they enter. If you want to safeguard your property you have to be more careful than the society. Society is equally responsible for what might happen to you but ultimately it is you who is going to lose. There are more men who actively support feminist groups. You just can't say those words as if all men are perverts looking at you.

Who gives you the right? To grope me in the crowded bus? To fall on me "innocently" when I buy popcorn in the theater. When I sit cross legged in the auto and you stop your bike and look hungrily at my legs.

Just because some idiots are going in the country like that doesn’t mean that all guys are of same character. Yes, the popcorn counter is busy. I want popcorn before the movie starts. If you don't want someone to fall on you, you better make propaganda to form queues(separate female queues as you have in railway reservation counters). You don't do that but blame on men for falling? How ridiculous is that?

A piece of meat, am I?
How do you think I feel? When I have to continuously watch over my shoulder, because it is 10 pm and there is nobody at the bus stop, except you. Staring at my neck.


Thinking this really made me scared because I really don’t know whether you are a good sincere girl or another stereotype who want practical jokes to be played upon men because you can simply shout and call for rescue even before I can actually do what you mentioned. Scared as SHIT!!!

When I panic, because my phone is dead, and I am in a cab wearing a backless dress?
When my friends and parents worry that I have to travel alone at night?
When I am sleepless in the bus, thinking, that your hands will pin me down and yank my clothes away? What makes you think I should not wear that pretty black skirt?

I have a good gold chain around my neck and I went to super market wearing it outside my shirt. When I was about to finish the purchase and move out I found it missing. When I asked here and there about it, all the people said that it was my mistake to be careless. Is wearing the chain cause for the theft? No, it isn't.  Similarly wearing your pretty black skirt is also not wrong. There are animals going around. Not all are gentleman. Almost all travelling modes have made reservation systems such that women are grouped together. I got a seat beside a girl and I (boy) was asked to change the seat. The girl can change the seat but the conductor forced me only to change the seat. You got your super powers. You just need to know when to use them in a correct way and not a legal way. 

To be scared. Afraid. Tensed. Every time I am not at home.

Everyone needs to be scared, afraid and tensed when they step out of home because we don’t know when a brain washed terrorist will blast a bomb in the mall where you might be celebrating your friend’s birthday. Some people, I repeat that some people are out of their minds. You simply cannot blame entire people for bomb blasts or the entire male gender for rapes.  

What makes you think I like it when I find you smiling at my bra strap that shows?
Yes, I wear a bra. Yes, it shows. So?

You don’t like it boys seeing your bra strap? Then why don’t you just cover it. Do you see my underwear? Yeah, well some low waist jeans are designed are for showing and that doesn't mean that you should like it. You don’t want to see means it’s your problem. I don’t have any problem in seeing you. Do you try to say that men and women are not the same in this perspective? Don’t even try that because you know that men and women are different physically, mentally, emotionally. Men and women are unique and important in their own way.

Ohh, don't say that its my clothes! I have found you eyeing the waist of that woman who was wearing the plain faded saree. Your eyes get all excited when the young college going girl enters the bus in just a kurta, no dupatta covering her bosom. And yes, one slip of the pallu or dupatta and you go wild.
Staring. Smiling. And staring.


You are making lots of assumptions here. For one, not all men are that excited in seeing women only. For two,dupatta is for covering and you cannot lose it and blame the men for seeing. Go wild? That's is baseless accusation. Staring is okay. Don't women stare a man who just comes out without his shirt? Don't you?

So, if I have a beer in my hand when I am on a beach, you think you can click my picture?

If you are beautiful I might ask you to take your photograph even if you are not having a beer bottle. You can take mine also.

When I wear hot pants and laugh with a guy you think you can pinch my ass?

This is rude to say. There are a lot more decent guys than you have seen I think.

Does the lit cigarette in my hand seem like an invitation to you? To come violate my body with your eyes?
NO. It just appears to me as where have all the girls my mom was describing the previous night have gone. I just feel pity to them. Pity on any smoker in fact.

Yes, I am a girl and I drink alcohol, so I am an 'easy target'. Is that it?
Yes, you are an easy target. Anyone on alcohol is an easy target. Men are also. Try them once when on alcohol.

Yes, I drink. I smoke. Does that mean I want to have sex with you and every man on the street?

No. But there are high chances that you might accept. Rape is wrong. Asking for your consent is not wrong. Know the difference. Manning up to ask you for that is courage. Raping is just a weak man’s concept. He should be hanged and I agree with you.

You, Who teach your daughter to be safe from evil eyes, don't flinch before mentally having sex with me when you see me on the street? 
I really didn’t get this. Someone explain this to me. When you think that you are so modern then why don't you accept a man asking for your consent for anything? You can simply reject. No hassle.

You, who get angry when a boy smiles at your sister, don't feel ashamed standing at the street corner whistling at me every night.
No practice what you preach, for you, right.

I make sure that the girl for whom I am whistling doesn't have a brother. And whistling for the same girl every time is wrong. Try different choices. Every beautiful girl deserves it. But don’t make that a habit. Admiration is good and not teasing.

Do you still think I am the one who needs to change?

Indeed I feel it. Yes, because you are the one who thinks that only boys have mistaken. You drink alcohol and smoke. Those are not good for health. And change your dress and try not to show your bra strap. They are sexy but not culturally Indian. 

Here is a video about how people react about showing bra strap and cleavage in public.



Original post: Yes, I wear a Bra.

Comments

  1. Though I don't know the context why you've made this post (sorry, I'm not in touch with the rest of the world these days), but I see your point being against those feminists who seem to have forgotten that feminism started off for equal rights, not superiority over the opposite gender. Also, stereotyping all men is quite sad, but then, can't really blame the ladies for being paranoid either. I'll leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty tit for tat .Though I agree with you on the bra straps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See guys. The girls do have a point. Its not all guys that are targeted here its just what usually happens that's explained. Yea, I've seen dis happen. In buses, trains, offices, streets. A girl is given dirty stares and touches in her office by her boss just cause she's wearing sleeveless in a hot sumer day. Is it a crime? I'm not saying we all r wrong. But it would be wrong to not let them put their word and also our duty to help spread the same. For a better future for our sisters moms friends daughters girlfriends. One msg has the power to change. We must have a future where such drooling dogs would not have the guts to do such things. Even a small change could make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to say My dear Bro Manikanta, But it is desperate men trying to prove themselves better than others that wont ever let this country safe for Women.

    And to everyone, instead of saying big things here, proving yourself innocent, why don't you take a stand when you see such a thing happening around you? And Oh! Come on! Don't tell me you do, I too belong to the same country that you do. Ignorance does not count as innocence.

    PEACE OUT. \/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peace. Huh? What were you doing out there in the same country I live? I haven't encountered the things for which you say so. I haven't taken any action for the same reason. FYI, I live in a small town and I have recently shifted to a city. So far I havent seen any such thing. Thanks to my city police.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got to admit, the comments got me interested. I actually read the whole thing. Do I agree with you Mani? Im not sure.... I havent made up my mind yet. I'll probably write my own counter on my blog to this, so what out for that. Having said that I AGREE on some counts- alcohol drinking makes you an easy target, know your boundaries. If your bra stap's showing for gods sake cover it (however I dont agree with your counter argument quite crass if you ask me), I DONT also like smokers, Yes, I drink. I smoke. Does that mean I want to have sex with you and every man on the street? - I agree with what you say here. On others I disagree with you, whats more I downright dislike the way you frame some of your counter arguments. I also dont like the way you nonchalantly state certain things, but then again I might be 'part feminist' In the end if this was better written and u didnt make it your agenda to comment on each line this could have been a brilliant post. Peace out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally i got a comment without abusing me. I take the part where I didn't craft my answer sensibly. Line to line comment over that post is just that I'm not agreeing with her as you can with my post.I look forward to your counter post. Please share that with me. Let things be constructive so that everyone can enlightened. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to narsipura Sri Vaidya Narayana murthy - Shimago for cancer treatment

Hi friends. I would like to share my experience about my trip to Shimago and meet Guru Narayana murthy who would treat for cancer, diabetics, kidney diseases. My brother was diagnosed with rectal cancer on October 2014. The news of cancer to a young boy of 26 years shook our whole family. But we are strong as he was getting treatment from world class care clinic in Cleveland - Cleveland clinic, Ohio, USA. As fate had other plans, his cancer came in January, 2017 back after an extensive surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy. The doctors made a decision to keep him in hospice care: support for advanced illness. They said that there is no more treatment and only to keep him comfortable as long as he lives, we lost our hopes and that is when we thought of giving a try to Ayurvedic medicine. We found Guruji narasipura narayana murthy. His medicine gave us hopes and I recently went to narsipura to get the medicine. I thought it would be best to give my share of experience in reaching the

Solution to "child margin affects parent" in CSS

The browser implementation is that when the parent has no content and the child requests for margin, the parent is brought down instead of child going down. The solution for these are listed below with their side effects. floats , You  have  to float elements border-top , This pushes the parent at least 1px downwards which should then be adjusted with introducing  -1px  margin to the parent element itself. This can create problems when parent already has  margin-top  in relative units. padding-top , same effect as using  border-top overflow: hidden , Can't be used when parent should display overflowing content, like a drop down menu overflow: auto , Introduces scrollbars for parent element that has (intentionally) overflowing content (like shadows or tool tip's triangle) See the Pen Relative with Margin by Manikanta ( @immnk ) on CodePen .

Redirection in javascript

How Page Re-direction works ? Example 1: This is very simple to do a page redirect using JavaScript at client side. To redirect your site visitors to a new page, you just need to add a line in your head section as follows: <head> <script type="text/javascript"> <!-- window.location="http://www.newlocation.com"; --> </script> </head> To understand it in better way you can  Try it yourself . Example 2: You can show an appropriate message to your site visitors before redirecting them to a new page. This would need a bit time delay to load a new page. Following is the simple example to implement the same: <head> <script type="text/javascript"> <!-- function Redirect() { window.location="http://www.newlocation.com"; } document.write("You will be redirected to main page in 10 sec."); setTimeout('Redirect()', 10000); //--> </script> </head> Here